A proud moment for entire Nirmaan Team and Vidya Helpline supporters. VHL completes three years of service on 22nd May 2013. VHL project started with two full time employees on 22nd May 2010 with a single telephone line in Ranga Reddy dist and has now grown into a 16 full time member organisation involving more than 1000 volunteers and benefiting 60,000+ students and dropouts.
On this occassion we would like to thank each and every individual and organisation for their support and involvement. This would not have been possible without the efforts of so many people. We would like to make a special mention of our donors Flagstone, YouSee, Juniper networks, IBM, Andhra Pradesh Government and many individual donors.
Below are some of the major highlights in our journey so far:
- 71,809 career related queries resolved through tele helpline center
- Expanded the tele helpline service using state of art technology with 5 additional lines to address about 300,000 queries annually
- 42,829 9th & 10th standard Government schools students have been made to dream big through goal setting & career counseling workshops
- Involved more than 1000 youth in career counseling workshops
- Publications – a career chart, two books and placards
- A 10 day bridge course for 20 government school toppers
- Excellent social entrepreneurship model employing 16 people
- Selected in 100 National Young social innovators and presented at Action for India (AFI) forum at IIT Delhi
- Selected for Tech camp Mumbai conference, to connect selected NGOs across Asia to enhance their impact using technology, held by US Consulate, Samhita Foundation & Microsoft during Feb 19th and 20th 2013 at Mumbai
- Received Andhra Pradesh state wide award from Vandemataram foundation award for our services in rural areas. Also received testimonials from Principal Secretary, Education department, to Government and Ranga Reddy District magistrate and collector.
- Received Juniper networks foundation grant facilitated by Silicon valley foundation, Catalyst grant from IBM, Partnership with YouSee, Andhra Pradesh Government and CSR grant from Flagstone.
VHL considers this milestone as a source of inspiration and not as an achievement or a point of arrival. We believe this is just the beginning in our journey to realise our missions and reach each and every student in need of information on education and carrer building.